[Coco] Anyone try an 80x28 text screen on a CoCo3?

Bruce W. Calkins brucewcalkins at charter.net
Mon Apr 23 09:52:41 EDT 2018

My RGB-DOS hard drive equipped CoCo 3 boot included lines to make this
the default.  I had also patched OS-9 on that machine for 28 lines.
Bruce W.

On 04/23/2018 02:32 AM, Robert Gault wrote:
 > Many of you know that the GIME can be set for a max 225 lines on a
screen; the default being 192.

 > I've just found a method for patching the ROM so that a WIDTH80
screen now displays 28 lines of text rather than the default 24; 192/8=24.
 > Let this be a challenge for you programmers. You also need to realize
that 225/8=28.125 which will give you an extra horizontal scan line.
That needs to be cleared with a CLS from the bottom of the screen.

 > I'll see if there is any interest in this and post the answer after
you have a chance to try and solve the challenge.