[Coco] The CoCo Crew Podcast -- Episode 35 is available!

Deny Wilson deny.wilson at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 09:55:51 EDT 2018

IBM's failed architecture was called Micro Channel Architecture or MCA.

Back to Mark for a second: Windows 10 tried to reverse most of the damage
that 8 did (I still encounter that stupid paradigm on some of our servers).
Unfortunately, now that Windows is a service, I get a ton of ads in my
Start Menu, which is incredibly frustrating since I paid for Pro. Yeesh.
Anyway, I'm getting horribly off topic.

I still think, with the power of the 6809 compared to chips like the Z80
and the 6502, that had Tandy added hardware sprites, a decent sound chip,
and more colors, that they could have been more dominant than the other
8-bit systems of the time. I realize that all those things add to cost of
the machine, but honestly, had they done it, my favorite 8-bit system
possibly could have been more of a threat to the C64. Don't get me wrong, I
love my CoCo, but man.... what might have been. But maybe that's part of
the reason I love the CoCo, because it's an underdog system.