[Coco] MC-10 Power Supply

Kevin Becker kevin at kevinbecker.org
Wed Apr 11 20:39:28 EDT 2018

My local Guitar Center has a 9V AC power supply in stock and I was going to
try to pick it up after work but I didn't have time.

I did, however, take a look at the MC-10 schematic in the service manual
and it looked to me that that with the rectifier circuit a DC power supply
would actually work (mostly) fine.  The service manual states the negative
voltage is only used for the RS-232 port.  So I took a minor gamble when I
got home and, sure enough, it boots up just fine on DC.  I'm not going to
mess with the RS-232 port until I get a proper power supply but for general
usage I think the DC adapter is fine.