[Coco] CoCo3: banking in ROM-Packs

Barry Nelson barry.nelson at amobiledevice.com
Wed Apr 11 12:06:17 EDT 2018

> Pere Serrat
> Wed Apr 11 10:03:14 EDT 2018
>
> In fact all this burden has been caused because I am playing with the
> CoCo-Flash module and have found a few problems with three of those
> big ROMs: Mind-Roll, Predator and Robocop

What exactly is the issue you have with these ROMs? I have loaded all three of these into my CoCo Flash. Predator and Robocop are type 34 roms, banked 16k. Mindroll is a 32k type 2 ROM if I remember correctly. These are the ROM types the CoCo Flash be setup with:

Type 0, 16k or smaller, used to contain DOS ROMs, no cart RQ.
Type 2, 16k or smaller, used for most games, uses cart IRQ.
Type 2, 32k, used for CoCo 3 enhanced games, uses cart IRQ and maps in from $8000 to $FDFF
Type 34, banked 16k, 32k or larger, used for a few large games, uses cart IRQ, maps in from $C000 to $FDFF, 16k a a time. Mapping is controlled by a register at $FF40.