[Coco] 16/32 bit 6809 derivative

Dave Philipsen dave at davebiz.com
Tue Sep 26 11:39:16 EDT 2017

Gene, I dropped out of the CoCo scene after I wrote Supercomm so I didn’t follow the rzsz progress.  And I’m not that familiar with zmodem. Is the CRC calculation a fairly complex thing?  I found that with xmodem/ymodem it was faster to calculate the checksum/crc on the fly (byte for byte) because it didn’t increase the delay between the packets.  Is there a way to use tables instead of doing the calculations for CRC or perhaps a hybrid method that uses some tables and some calculations?

Dave