[Coco] UK PAL CoCo1 Repair

R Jones rjones at biketech.org
Thu Sep 21 06:17:16 EDT 2017

Thanks for the reply.

I have checked the voltages at the ICs and they all check out fine.

This is a 32K machine with theĀ  64Kb ram chips. I removed the ram and
checked the voltages on the sockets:

RAM jumper on 16K
pin1 -4.8
pin8 12.0v
pin9 5.1v
pin16 gnd 0v

RAM jumper on 64K
pin1 +5.1v this is nc on the 64Kb chips
pin8 +5.1v
pin9 a7 line, pulses ~4.5v high
pin16 gnd 0v

The ICs, components and test points are all numbered differently on this
board to those in the reference manual. Although I have checked the
supply voltage with the datasheets and all ICs are receiving the correct
supply voltages and ground.

I have bought 2 new sets of ram along with another supposed working set
from another coco which I was given some time ago. I have rotated all
these chips one at at time and sets at a time and it makes no difference
to the output on screen.