[Coco] TL866

Dave Philipsen dave at davebiz.com
Thu Sep 21 01:14:05 EDT 2017

Wow. I don't own a TLC866 but you would think it would have a provision for a generic 27C128. Usually the only real differences between different manufacturers have to do with programming algorithms. Most chips will program with a rather generic profile albeit a little slower.

And if you're getting an ID error then one would think that the programmer has the ability to read the A9 identifier and automatically select the correct programming file which would mean that it should have a host of different profiles.  The ST branded EPROMs were pretty popular (although I will say that the 27128 in general was not that popular).

Dave