[Coco] Detecting Shift key.

Arthur Flexser flexser at fiu.edu
Wed Sep 20 16:52:31 EDT 2017

There is no ROM routine for that.  But you can check for the shift key just
as one can check for any other key being down:  you put a value into one of
the keyboard PIA addresses and check for a certain bit being clear in a
different address on the same PIA.  Three ML instructions.  The values
depend on the key's position (row and column) in the internal keyboard
matrix.  Perhaps someone else can give you more specific detail.  Note that
the Dragon keyboard matrix is different than the CoCo's, so the test for
the shift key may well differ on the two machines.

Art