[Coco] Differences between Leventhal's 6809 Assembly Language Programming Manuals

Tony Cappellini cappy2112 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 14 01:07:04 EDT 2017

Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2017 08:14:46 -0400
From: Steve Strowbridge <ogsteviestrow at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Coco] Differences between Leventhal's 6809 Assembly
        Language Programming Manuals

>>Not sure if this is the actual answer, but most of the assembly books had
>>two versions.
>>The first was the how-to, the second was a reference of routines.

No, that isn't the answer, and it is clearly obvious from the cover that
the latter is a book of subroutines only.
The latter is actually in my local public library. I had checked out the
book with the thought of scanning it for the Coco archives, but it would
have taken hours.

The two books I mentioned in my original post have the same title and cover
design, only the colors and ISBN are different.
I couldn't find any edition or "printing" references. What makes it even
more of a mystery is that both were printed in the same year. If one was a
revised edition of the other, I would expect a few years in between.

No comments from our assembly language (I mean machine code) gurus? ;)