[Coco] Yellow tinge

Gene Heskett gheskett at shentel.net
Wed Sep 13 19:50:33 EDT 2017

On Wednesday 13 September 2017 07:06:40 Carlos Camacho wrote:

> I have two CoCo 2 for sale on eBay and a customer pointed out one of
> them has a yellow tinge running vertically on the left side. You can't
> see it on the BASIC screen. You can see it with a white background
> screen like Canyon Climber. I recall some video composite boards have
> this issue, but haven't heard of it with regular RF out. It's not the
> monitor as my other CoCo for sale doesn't have it.
>
> So what is the yellow bar and how to remove it?

As an old ntsc broadcast engineer, I'd expect its the color burst, which
is sent late in the horizontal retrace time, and is nearly a yellow, and
which would show up on the left side of the screen, and a monitor that
didn't do a good enough job of blanking the video during this time will
generally show it.  Whether you see it or not will be quite dependent on
the monitor being used.

> Thanks,
>
> Carlos

Cheers, Gene Heskett