[Coco] Coco1 and 2 SDC

Ron Delvaux wdelvaux at cox.net
Tue Sep 12 10:16:50 EDT 2017

Ron, when you say "upload DSK files to the SDC" I am assuming you mean copy

a real floppy disk to the SD card using the BACKUP command.

Yes!

This works on

a CoCo 1 and 2 using any version of SDC-DOS.  I have done it several times

recently while testing the drive motor shut-off problem reported earlier.

The CoCo-SDC hardware does not really play any role in accessing the floppy

drives.  It is simply a matter of the SDC-DOS software switching the active

MPI slot when accessing a drive that has been turned OFF using the DRIVE

command.

I have 2 completely different systems different floppy controllers and MPI's
(Coco 1 & 2 )

and

The SDC will not let me access the floppy on drive 1. It will on 2 different

and separate Coco3 systems!

If you can't access the floppy drives then I would first suspect there is a

problem with either the floppy controller or the MPI.

If you could see the videos that I asked you to see on Facebook you would

See I addressed it (above) 2 Separate systems nothing the same.

  You say that it works with your CoCo 3.  Are you using the same
combination of hardware

(MPI, floppy controller, and SDC) with both the CoCo 3 and the CoCo 1 / 2

?  If not, you should see if you can narrow down which item or combination

of items is at fault by moving pieces over from your working system.

I can access drive 1 (again ) with both Coco3's .both separate systems.

I have also a bunch of disk controllers.which I can change out.and still

No joy.

I have 2 disto controllers 2 or 3 J&M controllers one switchable,  2 Various
ADOS roms in the

Disto controllers and RS controllers too

I was hoping switching controllers would help.

Just for kicks.Ill try putting the same Disk controllers on the Coco 1 and 2
and see if

That makes a difference. I did swap out the  Coco 1 and 2's  Controllers on
the Coco3 and

they work on the Coco3.

- Darren