[Coco] [CoCo] bootlink, SH, NitrOS-9 info needed

David Ladd davidwladd at gmail.com
Fri Sep 8 17:20:02 EDT 2017

Bill,

Yeah I just didn't see the options being built is all.  Really starting to
think I need new glasses.

Yeah I am thinking of getting Robert's HRSDOS program, just right now I am
using rsdos and pcdos utilities when needed for real floppy disks and disk
images.

I just remembered Gene saying something a few years ago when I was working
on putting the boot track into ROM that accessing the virtual RGBDOS/HDBDOS
drives would be handy for the OS-9 boot files.

I know on my old B&B I use to have two boots setup.  Drive #255 was my
standard 80 column screens and stuff.  Drive #254 was my  game only boot
with VDG_TERM and some of the other modules needed for flight sim and
Sierra games.  Then all I had to do is run link on 254 and then DOS 254 to
boot up for my games configuration and then for my normal boot do link on
255 and DOS 255.

I figured using this IH/SH descriptor would save me time of needing to use
a real floppy disk and I could just format the vdrive and do my special
duties there. :P

Thank you for answering all my questions thus far. :P

PS:  Off topic note here.
I still haven't gotten the Analog boards serial port working yet. (*sigh*)

| David Ladd a.k.a. PacoOtaktay a.k.a. Drencor                          |
| YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/PacoOtaktay                      |
| YouTube Gaming Live: https://gaming.youtube.com/user/PacoOtaktay/live |
| Websites: http://dwladd.com     &     http://www.theterrorzone.com    |
| G+:  https://plus.google.com/113262444659438038657                    |
| G+:  https://plus.google.com/+DavidLaddPacoOtaktay                    |
| Do you have your CoCo 3 yet?                                          |