[Coco] OS-9 C Compiler

Peter Cetinski pete at pski.net
Fri Oct 20 19:44:24 EDT 2017

A few OS-9 C Compiler questions for you.

I’m setting up a CoCo3 for C development and see from the OS-9 C Compiler User’s Guide that the OS-9 compiler comes in 2 flavors.  cc1 for Level 1 and cc2 for Level 2.  I can only seem to find the Level 1 compiler package in the archive as I only see cc1 in the cmds directory when i examine the dsks.  Anyone know where can I find cc2?

I am loading the 2 disks that come in the OS-9 C Compiler package in drive 1 and drive 2 in Drivewire.  drive 0 has the OS-9 L2 OS disk.

When I try to compile a simple test program using cc1, it fails on the line #include <stdio.h> with ERROR #001 *** can’t open***
stdio.h is in drive 2’s DEFS directory.  How does the compiler know where to look for the standard headers/libraries?

Any help or links to help with how to structure and set this up would be appreciated.  The manual is pretty weak in this regard.

Thanks!