[Coco] A New CoCo Forum, just what we need?

Ian Norley ian.norley at gmail.com
Tue Oct 17 04:19:01 EDT 2017

I'd like to see a return to the HOWTO's/FAQ's that used to be popular with
Linux back in the day. Maybe a section of the forum dedicated to text/pdf's
on whatever subject lends itself to this. Questions can be asked/answered
and then the HOWTO can be updated to reflect this or a new HOWTO created as
needed. The trick is they have to be kept current. With a moving target
like the FPGA Coco's I found it frustrating to get the right syntax or
understanding of how to get things working simply because it evolves fast
and what you read in the FB page one day might not be relevant the next.

Then there's the repetitive posts with the same answers, how many times
have people asked about SDC's, peeks for MPI, retorbrite, ram upgrades, rom
burning  etc?. These are valid questions but if there was a FAQ that people
could go to for these sort's of things first - even if it's just a relevant
link on Steve's coconut page - then we could reduce that. Once upon a time
it used to be RTFM and then hit someone with a question. Obviously if
there's no doco then we've made a rod for our own back. I feel a forum is
just another twist on what we have - without doco as a single source of
truth we will be consigned to forever repeating our current situation.
Maybe people like that?

That's my two bob's worth. Hopefully I haven't antagonised anyone.