[Coco] Introductions

dwight.bazinet at gmail.com dwight.bazinet at gmail.com
Fri Oct 6 12:52:44 EDT 2017

Hi,

Dennis asked that I post the comments here as an introduction.

I just bought a CoCo3 on eBay (hope it works!); I'm interested in something
simpler then my day job (I'm a senior system engineer at a major defense
firm, my last job before I got out of the military was designing tactical
systems in a maritime helicopter).

I'm interested in a coco sdc (v2?) , the Retro CoCoMem, the Ed Snider
replacement GIME (or the GIME and memory on one GIME replacement), etc.

I had a CoCo1 and a CoCo3 in the 80s with a disk drive (then modified to
double sided if I remember right), while I was working on a combined BEng
and BSc CompSci (only finished the BSc).

Basically the simplicity of the older hardware makes it more fun to tinker
with, especially with my kids, although I do have a Arduino and screen and
will probably get a Pi.

I'm also interested in flight sims and recently bought  set of real Cessna
controls to figure out how to do force feedback with them, and am working on
a simple and cheap LCD with controller that can do gauges.

Dwight Bazinet

PS, a question: is the Gmane list not updating for recent posts?  I see they
are having server issues.