[Coco] assembler directive

Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net
Thu Oct 5 09:15:25 EDT 2017

Dave Philipsen wrote:
> So I'm doing a little work with the Sysgo source file and I ran into an unfamiliar directive,
> "dtb".  In context:
>
> * Default time packet
> DefTime   dtb
>

> Anyone know what it does?  There does seem to be any mention of it in the LWASM manual.
>
> Dave

DefTime can be found in several source code files and is a hard coded default time presumably when
the source code was put in the project. In the case of sysgo, if you look at the compiled result,
you will find that code was indeed generated.
The most likely interpretation of "dtb" is that it results in a read of the PC system clock. That
would result in a new deftime equal to the time of assembly.

It should be easy enough to compile sysgo several times and monitor the change of the block starting
at $C6.

Robert