[Coco] Tandy Assembly Exhibit: CocoMEM

Richard Goedeken Richard at fascinationsoftware.com
Thu Oct 5 02:18:12 EDT 2017

It's not a big deal if you get a PLCC puller tool. It looks like it can be
done with just a small screwdriver, but it's easy to crack the socket applying
leverage in this way. I don't know how strong the PLCC socket for the GIME in
the Coco 3 is (I don't think I've ever broken one), or how tightly the chip
fits in the socket, but I've broken the socket on other boards while trying to
remove the chip without the proper tool.

Richard