[Coco] [CoCo] The Trials to disable RS232 Status

William Astle lost at l-w.ca
Mon Oct 2 11:15:04 EDT 2017

On 2017-10-02 09:03 AM, David Ladd wrote:
> You know, I wonder how hard it would be to intercept the LINE PRINTER
> routines so that way it might be possible to send the LINE PRINTER stuff
> through DriveWire printer routines?  Reason I am just now thinking of this
> is that with the DriveWire version of HDBDOS or your SDC-DOS that has
> access to DriveWire 4 to redirect the LINE PRINTER output.

It would be pretty much trivial to intercept it for handling the
character output. I'm not sure if there's enough ROM space to do it in
HDBDOS.

You just need to hook the "console out" RAM hook and handle device -2.

Depending on the semantics of the DriveWire printer business, you may
need to have something that "flushes" the output after an idle time (and
probably on CR). This is probably more complicated than the character
handler.