[Coco] SDC Lba mode

Gene Heskett gheskett at shentel.net
Tue Nov 28 20:40:15 EST 2017

On Tuesday 28 November 2017 20:22:11 Bill Pierce via Coco wrote:

> You could use two mounted disk image, each with multiple partitions...
> I had multiple partitions on my IDE and on the SD card on the
> Coco3FPGA, and I know there's several doing it on the CocoSDC.

With the nitros9 /sh descriptor, you can even mount a .dsk image that
been copied to disk as a file. There are at least as many ways to gain
access to a .dsk image file as there are ways to skin a critter.

Using the normal os9 file system, determine the address of the file from
its file descriptor, and using dmode, put that address in as the lsn0 of
the disk image, into the starting offset in the descriptor.  Do a
dir /sh to reload the buffer, and that image file becomes a normal disk,
fully readable and writable.

> Bill Pierce
> "Charlie stole the handle, and the train it won't stop going, no way
> to slow down!" - Ian Anderson - Jethro Tull

> E-Mail: ooogalapasooo at aol.com

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)