[Coco] CoCoSDC

Steve Ostrom smostrom7 at comcast.net
Tue Nov 28 00:28:40 EST 2017

-----Original Message-----
From: Barry Nelson
Sent: Monday, November 27, 2017 10:23 PM
To: coco at maltedmedia.com
Subject: [Coco] CoCoSDC

The link below is a copy of HDBDOS modified to work with the CoCoSDC. It can
not mount or unmount disks, but it can access DECB hard disk images and
access 256 virtual floppies in each image. Use SDCDOS to mount or mount the
hard disk image, and then use this copy of HDBDOS to access the virtual
floppy images inside that hard drive image. You can flash it into any used
SDC flash rom bank.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8RnV5G0TZFZVE5fa29hcDRUMGc
<https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8RnV5G0TZFZVE5fa29hcDRUMGc>

***************

Thanks, Barry.  I'll take a look.  Does this enable me to use subdirectories
on one SD card to hold roughly 40 or so sets of 256 virtual floppies as we
discussed yesterday (for example, one set of 256 virtual floppies per
subdirectory)? That really sounds intriguing !! It would also save me a
bunch of money by not needing to buy 30-40 SD cards.

I did retrieve my Starblaster cartridge today from storage.  As soon as I
get used to using the CocoSDC again, and take a look at the above modified
HDB-DOS, I'll be ready to try to dump the cartridge with your assistance and
with the utility you wrote.

--- Steve ---