[Coco] CoCoSDC

Barry Nelson barry.nelson at amobiledevice.com
Sun Nov 26 19:39:25 EST 2017

> Steve Ostrom
> Sun Nov 26 13:25:37 EST 2017
>
> I reviewed the Coco SDC user guide, but didn't see the answer to these
> questions.  I'm sorry if I missed it, but hopefully someone can supply the
> answers.
>
> I have 30-40 unique hard drive backups of my Coco software, and I'd like to
> transfer these to SanDisk cards on my Coco SDC.  What is the optimum SD card
> size?  I have to assume that a large card might have a lot of wasted memory.
> Can I store more than 256 Coco disk images per SD card?  Assuming I'm
> limited to 256 disks per card, what would be the optimum SD card size?  My
> current plan is to buy one SD card for each HD backup.
>
> Thanks!
>
> --- Steve ---
You can probably put a lot more than 256 images on one card, especially if you organize the images into subdirectories. It is even possible that you might be able to put it all on one SD card. So I can better understand and help, are these floppy or hard disk images? OS-9/NitrOS9 or Disk Extended Color Basic? If hard disk images, how big was the drive? If floppies, are the disks 35 track, 40 track, or 80 track? Single or double sided, or maybe a mix?