[Coco] CoCoTALK! news and updates

Steve Strowbridge ogsteviestrow at gmail.com
Tue Nov 21 11:06:35 EST 2017

For those of you not aware, CoCoTALK! is a weekly live talk show about the
CoCo which we live stream on YouTube, to find out all about it, visit
http://cocotalk.live

There has been an open invitation to the community at large to not only
join the show as a talker on the Skype call, but to also just join the live
stream and live text chat, when not able to speak.

The show is also available for video replay at any time, and has been,
since August available as an audio podcast for your listening pleasure.

The open invitation still stands, anybody who would like to be a guest on
the show is welcome, and we have a new Skype account dedicated the the
show, the Skype account is called "CoCo TALK!" and you can add that account
as a contact by searching for cocotalk at cocotalk.live in the Skype
directory, then adding the contact, you won't be able to join a group call
in progress if you're not already a contact.

This Saturday we're changing the time to 12 PM EST, 11 AM Central 5PM UK,
you get the idea.

I have in the past, and am again, asking for community content and
suggestions.  If you are not able to join us live, but would still like to
be a part of the show there are a number of things you can do.

You can email suggestions, topics, and things to share to
cocotalk at cococtalk.live

If you'd like to have a segment or bumper featured you can record those
yourself and send them to me, or reach out to me and I can help you record
them on my end via Skype or Discord.

This invitation is always open, we look forward to, and encourage community
content, contributions, comments and suggestions.

This is a show about our machine, dedicated to our machine, and to the
people crazy enough to still be using it in 2017 and beyond.

So don't be shy, and don't think whatever you are working on may or may not
be "worthy" of mention or sharing, anything related to the CoCo, big or
small, is worthy of sharing in my book.

We also have a Discord server dedicated to the show and the CoCo, Discord
offers several different IRC style chat channels, and the ability for  a
variety of group voice conversations to take place at the same time.
Discord is cross platform, it works on PC/MAC/Linux/Mobile and even a
browser, it's low CPU and low bandwidth, and offers superior audio quality.

Anybody who'd like to join our Discord community, use this link:
https://discord.gg/htxnWrr

I am honored, and flattered, and humbled by the fact we've been doing this
weekly live show since March, and we are getting nearly 1,000 consumption
rate per month between the audio and video feeds.

The show continues to be a source of enjoyment and enlightenment for me,
and we have several refinements in the works to make it a more polished and
well oiled machine, but not losing the spirit of the spontaneity of it.

I humbly request, if you haven't experienced or joined the show, to make an
effort to this Saturday.

We're also going to be having alternating schedules with different times to
make it easier for people to join who happen to be busy on the weekends, so
stay tuned for a calendar of show times an topics, which will also be on
http://cocotalk.live

Thank you all who've been a part of this amazing journey and experience,
and I hope we can continue to provide quality content, and even improve it
over time.

Your CoCo Nut for life,

Steve Strowbridge, aka
The Original Gamer Stevie Strow