[Coco] Drivewire 4 vs. Java 9

William Carlin whcarlinjr at gmail.com
Sat Nov 18 15:18:12 EST 2017

The DriveWire 4 Windows installer uses a self contained Windows binary to
launch DriveWire.  This file is DW4UI.exe and how that binary determines
what version of Java to runs is the mystery.  Does it execute the binary it
comes across as it parses the PATH variable?  Does it reference a registry
entry to find the "default" version of Java or the latest version of Java?

I'm sure you could just run it from the command line like the Linux
versions if necessary.

William H. Carlin, Jr.