[Coco] Making OS-9/NitrOS9 more user friendly Facebook group discussion

Gene Heskett gheskett at shentel.net
Fri Nov 17 11:17:55 EST 2017

On Friday 17 November 2017 07:06:19 Christopher R. Hawks wrote:

> On Thu, 16 Nov 2017 22:34:39 -0500
>
> Gene Heskett <gheskett at shentel.net> wrote:
> > On Thursday 16 November 2017 21:40:30 Allen Huffman wrote:

> > > I read through the first part of this and it’s clear I need to
> > > take a deep dive in to it, so I’ll be printing this one out to
> > > read over lunch. The inconsistencies in options no doubt doesn’t
> > > help, but the help files and such could easily be addressed. It
> > > would be a good task force to create with folks taking on tiny
> > > jobs, chipping away at it.
> >
> > Suggestion: What we need for boot creation is an editor that can
> > look at a descriptor, obtain the driver that goes with it, and makes
> > sure its in the bootlist. Or if we remove a descriptor, checks to
> > see if its the last user of a driver and deletes in from the
> > bootlist if it was. With context aware help, that would go a long
> > way towards improving the user friendliness.
> >
> > Cheers, Gene Heskett
>
>     I believe Bill P. (?) is working toward that, but, it sounds like
> a huge job...

I hope he is. I am rather pleasantly pleased that our little computer has
attracted the talent it has in the last decade. This is something that
has even surprised me. And it might be that Roger was correct in
adopting HLA for some of his projects. It might be just the ticket for a
data intensive project such as this might turn out to become.

Thanks Christopher.

> Christopher R. Hawks
> HAWKSoft
> --
> Love is the only game that is not called on account of darkness.
>        \   ^__^
>
>                ||----w |

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)