[Coco] Asteroids clone, Star Blaster cartridge?

Arthur Flexser flexser at fiu.edu
Sun Nov 12 15:28:28 EST 2017

In most cases the disk binary is simply the cartridge binary to which a
small loader has been attached that copies the code back to the original
$C000 location with the machine in the all-RAM mode and jumps to it.
(Often, $8000-BFFF is also copied from ROM to RAM in case the cartridge
uses calls to Color Basic or Extended Basic.)  The exception would be
copy-protected cartridges that are designed not to work from RAM, where the
loader might contain some pokes to the code to nullify such provisions.
Except for such copy-protected cartridges, if should be pretty trivial to
strip off the loader and save the rest to generate the cartridge dump.

Art