[Coco] Coco flash Mass flasher feedback

My Email rietveldh at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 3 21:07:13 EDT 2017

Hi

I have a Beta of my mass flasher floating around and thought I would share some feedback

The original flash menu reserved 8k and 50 entries using bank 0-1.   I have doubled that to a reservation of 16k and 99 entries using banks 0-3.   That being said we have found that the largest practical menu size is around 12k. Anything larger tends to cause an OM error when converting the MENU.BAS to a BASROM.BIN. So the user should be mindful, when adding there own ROMS, to the length of there name in the menu program. Remember that the phonics used to say the program paks name will double the size of the description (in K)

Secondly   if you are flashing your own ROMS, in addition to the included set , you should flash them to the higher triple digit banks to prevent overwrite of the bins

The mass flasher will flash the included. bins in alphabetical order and flash them sequentially thru the banks low to high
If the flasher encounters a used bank it will simply erase and re flash that bank transparently to the user.   The original flasher would first warn of this conflict then prompt you to erase that bank.   The automated process of the mass flasher eliminates this warning