[Coco] Machine Code

Dave Philipsen dave at davebiz.com
Wed May 31 16:30:42 EDT 2017

While I'm thinking about it...this is not intended to be a slam on all
of the good people who organized the source tree for NitrOS9 but it
would be nice sometime if all of the files were converted in some way to
be universal.  Because of issues with linefeeds, tabs, and even
end-of-file characters, not all sources will easily compile or edit on
all platforms.

I realize that a lot of this is caused by the fact that building the
code on a real CoCo 3 was prohibitively slow and a lot of people desired
a more modern alternative.  But now that we have very fast versions of
NitrOS9 running under emulators and the CoCo3FPGA I think it would be in
everyone's best interest to be able to assemble the code natively under
NitrOS9.

I know others may not necessarily agree but this is just my personal
opinion.

Dave