[Coco] Is this too much $

Rietveld Rietveld rietveldh at hotmail.com
Tue May 30 23:28:36 EDT 2017

thanks for the insight

i think you are right

________________________________
From: Coco <coco-bounces at maltedmedia.com> on behalf of Mark McDougall <msmcdoug at iinet.net.au>
Sent: May 30, 2017 8:30 PM
To: coco at maltedmedia.com
Subject: Re: [Coco] Is this too much $

On 31/05/2017 9:31 AM, Michael Brant wrote:

> Price guides Dont take a lot into account.  Is someone parting with a spare
> or their only one.  Is someone buying their first or just a backup.
> Reputation of seller. Rarity of items vs how many know what it even is.

This, plus they're out of date the week after they are written.

I keep a lazy eye on sales/auctions for all things retro, though to be
honest my collection is, and has been for several years now, all-but
complete. IMHO, if you see something you've been after for a while, and
you can afford it, then by all means do some token amount of research
but you're better off just jumping on it because it won't last long.

I can't count the number of items I've passed on over the years for
being too expensive at the time and now see them for 2x and 3x the price
now. I've even got a handful of items that are now worth at least 10x
what I paid for them! :O Crazy!

Retro is big business and I think it'll stay that way for a long time
yet. And the Coco is no exception.

Regards,

--
Mark McDougall