[Coco] I've got DriveWire 4 installed

Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net
Sun May 28 09:21:40 EDT 2017

Wayne Campbell wrote:
> Thanks, Robert. That's done, so now how do I access my harddisk image? I
> did a mdir and see that /h0 and emudsk are not there. I'm guessing this
> means I have to build a custom boot?

Wayne,

Yes, unfortunately there probably aren't many default .vhds for mounting on VCC which will access
DW4 disks nor disks for DW4 that once booted have access to the default VCC hard drives. So, you
will need to build a custom boot file for best/safest access to both DW drives and VCC hard drives.

There is one other thing you can try which may work but is not the best approach. :) You can merge
emudsk and h0 into a single file in your CMDS directory. Set the merged file for execution ex.
attr VCCvhd e pe
and after booting from the DW4 disk, load the merged file however it is named.
You should then be able to read the OS-9 partition of the .vhd mounted on VCC.

Now EmuDsk and H0 will not be on the nightly build Becker disk. You will need to get those from your
VCC .vhd or I can send them to you. The merged file will need to be transferred to the DW4 boot disk.

I just checked and Bill Pierce at
https://sites.google.com/site/dabarnstudio/the-color-computer-drivewire4-hdbdos-nitros9-starter-kit
in one of the VCC .vhd drives should have both the EmuDsk and DW driver sets installed.

Robert