[Coco] I've got DriveWire 4 installed

Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net
Sat May 27 20:33:25 EDT 2017

Wayne Campbell wrote:
> I finally got DW4 installed and VCC with the becker is connecting. All I
> need to do now is set up the boot system for it. I know this has been
> covered extensively in this list, so I'm not asking for help ... yet. I
> noticed that the DW wiki link on the coco wiki page (
> http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/drivewireserver/index.php?title=Main_Page)
> is reporting page not found. Can someone point me to the DriveWire docs
> page?
>
> I know I need to make a new boot using the HDBDOS image, but I may need
> help. My current setup in an older NitrOS-9 disk and sets DD and DD/CMDS on
> my harddisk image, which is entirely OS-9 formatted. I am not sure how to
> set up the new boot, so I need to know where the docs are that will walk me
> through this procedure.
>
> Thanks for the assist. BTW, I installed mIRC and went to the #coco-chat
> channel on freenode. It was empty and no one is there. Is the channel
> defunct?

Wayne,

Go to
https://nitros9.sourceforge.io/snapshot/
and download the nos96309l2v030300coco3_becker.dsk. Mount that disk on DW4 drive0 and set the VCC
DOS for a Becker HDBDOS ROM.

Of course you could just use nos96309l2v030300coco3.dsk, mount it in VCC floppy drive0, and use
RGBDOS. NitrOS-9 would run but it would not have DW4 access.

Robert