[Coco] Basic09 6309 version

James Ross jrosslist at outlook.com
Fri May 26 14:10:36 EDT 2017

Bill Pierce Wrote:
> James, just tried you build of VCC over one of my "regular" installations and
> right off the bat, the "becker.dll" does not load. It reports "Invalid Module".

Bummer … I had not tried loading the Becker DLL since I have not learned how to use and setup DriveWire.  I just tried loading the DLL through an MPI slot and sure enough, I get the same error.  I just now quickly tried it under VS2013 in Debug mode and I get this error

Unhandled exception at 0x10001F33 in VCC.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation executing location 0x10001F33.

So... Probably a stray pointer.

> Which branch did you build this from?

I started w/ the default branch. It’s the branch (VCC-1.200b) that comes up automatically when you go to https://github.com/VCCE/VCC.

SO … if someone were to (I will late tonight) build that exact branch (just clone/download from that default branch) we should get the exact same error w/o any of my changes.

That default branch and the code zip file (https://github.com/VCCE/VCC/archive/v2.0.1b-edit.zip) from the “VCC Color Computer 3 Emulator w/Becker Port v 2.0.1b (final [edit]) release” page are precisely the same (even though you have two different version #’s 1.200b &  v2.0.1b – I just figured that was done just to distinguish it as the new version)

I was under the impression that this WAS the code that created the VCC.2.01b-final.zip release. But perhaps I am mistaken?? It appeared to me that all of the “recent” stuff was indeed there (keyboard changes, etc…) that I recall you talking about.

However, I do wonder if the code that created the current release executables is indeed NOT the current code that is there.  Did you compile/build those yourself Bill?

For example I was also getting a problem where the drop down “insert” menu items would not bring the load file dialog window – which I fixed.

SO… the question is then – do you have the code that created the binaries in the current release (https://github.com/VCCE/VCC/releases/download/v2.0.1b-edit/VCC.2.01b-final.zip)

If you do, could you send that to me? Or make downloadable from somewhere?

If not, I’ll just have the debug the problems w/ where I started from and go from there. I’ll figure out the Becker issue – but it would be nice to know that I was starting w/ the last good source of it.

Thanks James