[Coco] Julian Date

William Astle lost at l-w.ca
Sat May 20 23:48:59 EDT 2017

On 2017-05-20 05:10 PM, Gene Heskett wrote:
> Basically if the year is divisible by 4 its a leap year UNLESS the date
> is divisible by 400 without a remainder, then it is not a leap year.
> 2000 was not a leap year. 2400 will not be a leap year.  The C manual
> uses the mod(year,4) or mod(year,400) to determine this IIRC.

Lest this leave people with an inaccurate understanding of the Gregorian
calendar, I think I should mention that Gene doesn't quite have this right.

The actual rule is: A year is a leap year if it is divisible by 4 but is
not divisible by 100. Additionally, if the year is divisible by 400, it
is a leap year.

Note that 2000 *was* a leap year. 1900 wasn't and 2100 will not be but
2400 will be.