[Coco] Can anyone verify an error in the NitrOS9 tech manual?

Gene Heskett gheskett at shentel.net
Sat May 20 11:48:56 EDT 2017

On Saturday 20 May 2017 08:50:13 Dave Philipsen wrote:

> Well, I am using assembler and I can tell you that when I use the 'Y'
> register to reference the LSB of the file pointer my program does not
> work but when I use the 'U' register it works correctly.
>
> Dave

Well, we have the source, so I would look at the F$Seek calls code. It
may be that it uses Y internally in a way thats faster than stacking u,
not the case, maybe it could be fixed, but the time to fix it was in
1982 as that would probably break a couple thousand apps we already
have.  And THAT would definitely be a bad dog, no biscuit situation.

> On 5/20/2017 7:20 AM, Bill Pierce via Coco wrote:
> > Dave, what you would have to do is check the nitros9 source for the
> > fseek function and see what is actually being used. I always use
> > seek in C so I haave no idea which regs it's using :-)

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)