[Coco] Let's figure out the best method to compile sprites for the CoCo - Please add your input

Ciaran Anscomb cocomalt at 6809.org.uk
Thu May 11 09:28:30 EDT 2017

Glen Hewlett wrote:
> Currently my code writes starts with the instruction LEAX   8,X to setup the
> index pointer to the top right of the sprite location.

You probably want to make that initial offset as large as possible while
keeping your first screen location within an 8-bit signed offset.

So either add LEAX 127,X instead of 8,X (128 would be probably lose more
cycles than you save later!) or, as I'm doing in my current project,
offset all screen addresses by 128 so that the first access is always
-128,X.

..ciaran