[Coco] CoCo TALK #8 requests and suggestions

Ron ron at kdomain.org
Wed May 10 19:24:57 EDT 2017

Hi Steve,

Perhaps not for this weekend's session, but I am very interested in a
technical segment about the Coco memory addressing.  The concepts behind
ROM to RAM mode (native) for the Coco 3 and the way you can do it for
the Coco / Coco 2.  With the Coco Flash cart available and in the wild,
what CART load addresses mean, etc..  I think the unraveled series of
books are fantastic so maybe some highlights about those?  John Linville
has had many technical segments in the Coco Crew Podcast (the MC-10
receipt printer comes to mind as a good example of what I am talking
about).  The ability to understand where to go in memory to apply your
own custom BASIC patches.

I think the font set you created and resulting conversations on Facebook
has made me want to learn more about.  I also think it's important for
folks to have a good understanding about memory locations if they wish
to start programming in assembly - which I do!

Thanks

-Ron