[Coco] CoCoVGA 64-column mode

Francis Swygert farna at att.net
Wed May 10 07:29:49 EDT 2017

Telewriter 64 had a 64 column mode, one of the reasons it was real useful even though it wasn't WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get). I just printed in 64 column, so what was on screen was very close to what came out on paper. TW64 was named for 64K, as you had to have a 64K CoCo for it to be really useful. IIRC it would run with 32K, but the buffer was really small, not very useful, and the low memory limited some features -- like 64 column mode was unavailable. Hmmm... it might not have run in 32K... was a long time ago. I used it with a 64K CoCo2 for writing my first book. Even with 64K it had to be broken up into multiple files. A couple sections had to be broken into two files instead of one. Don't remember how many pages it would hold, but I was sure glad when I got my CoCo3 and TW128! Frank Swygert
 Fix-It-Frank Handyman Service
 803-604-6548