[Coco] CoCoVGA 64-column mode

Brendan Donahe brendan at polylith.com
Tue May 9 11:07:41 EDT 2017

Yes, this is for a real CoCo 2.  The only CoCoVGA board type in existence
today is compatible with a Rev B board with a 6847.  We are considering
support of other CoCos, though.

Thanks for all of the positive feedback.  I have long felt that it was an
unnecessary burden on the 6809 to render text in applications such as VIP
Writer.  The 6809 is great, but I think we can get more out of it if we
don't need it to handle the rendering all the time.

Brendan