[Coco] "Sprites" on CoCo?

Mark D. Overholser marko555.os2 at gmail.com
Mon May 8 18:06:50 EDT 2017

On 08-May-17 11:30, Alexander Wallace wrote:
> I know next to nothing on this subject but remember having seen a
> post in Facebook about compiled sprites project, which might be of
> interest to anyone wanting to do sprites on the CoCo IMHO.
>
> FB post:
> <https://www.facebook.com/groups/2359462640/permalink/10155208773232641/>
>

> The project: https://github.com/hdufort74/sprite-compiler
> <https://github.com/hdufort74/sprite-compiler>
>
> Youtube video comparing pre and post compiled sprites:
> <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OM3UxW9CT44>
>
> Hope this helps!

In talking with the Author, Hugo DeFort, he described the Compiled
Sprites as Being "already" in the format for the Display Screen.

That means that you only need to perform Memory Moves of the Compile
Sprites to the Screen.

( BTW, this is the common way on the Apple ][, to get the Best Speed
possibly on Arcade Games..  )

MarkO