[Coco] Troubleshooting CoCo 3

Mark D. Overholser marko555.os2 at gmail.com
Fri May 5 17:55:21 EDT 2017

On 04-May-17 09:34, Salvador Garcia via Coco wrote:
> Ok, thanks. That's the usual tools for desoldering. There was a post
> on fb, not sure if it was in the CoCo group, about this guy who made
> a special purpose soldering iron that could apply heat to all 40 pins
> simultaneously. That was, to say the least, interesting :-) Salvador

At my Employer, our Hot Air Station for Surface Mount parts came with
some different attachments for Square packages, so that all four edges
could be heated at the same time...

The issue with the Hot Tweezers is that the edge closest to the Iron can
be Hotter than the Tip..  A lot of the time, the Tweezers are Angled, so
that there is more Metal closest to the Iron, and less at the Tip,
probable to reduce the Surface Area that can Cool Off..

MarkO