[Coco] Troubleshooting CoCo 3

Mark D. Overholser marko555.os2 at gmail.com
Thu May 4 12:05:21 EDT 2017

On 03-May-17 22:06, camillus gmail wrote:
> Hi Salvador
>
> The removal of a cpu is depending from the board I work on. For me
> the coco3 boards are the best to do the extraction and have the cpu
> intact. The coco2 is a lot harder.
>
> The reason is that the coco3 boards are sturdier then the coco2's.
> This means that burning the board is less problematic.
>
> Now for the tools, I have a regular solder station, sucking wick, a
> solder pump and a small flat screwdriver. Also an smd rework-station
> helps me with this work.
>
> cb

I find the the Desolder Stations don't work well on this kind of procedure..

I use a Controlled Temperature Iron, at 635F, and a Solder Sucker with a
Teflon Tip, because it doesn't pull the Heat away from the Molten Solder..

Also adding Flux and Solder to already soldered items, gives more BULK
to Suck Away..

I plan on doing this shortly to my CoCo 2s and CoCo 3..

( Once Camillus gets those 6809 and 6309 shipped out )

MarkO