[Coco] Stacking the 6309?

Francis Swygert farna at att.net
Fri Mar 31 07:26:40 EDT 2017

From: "Bruce W. Calkins" <brucewcalkins at charter.net>

Since the 6309 normally works like a 6809, why bother?

Bruce W.

As Kip pointed out, not everyone is comfortable removing the 6809 from the motherboard, and/or soldering a chip socket to it. I always destructively removed with no issues, soldering a socket back in is a bit harder. Of course soldering on the legs of as chip isn't much easier. The only advantage I see is it would be easier to return the CoCo to stock, but having a socket there wouldn't hurt value IMHO.
 Frank Swygert
 Fix-It-Frank Handyman Service
 803-604-6548