[Coco] Using DriveWire to write network software

Mark D. Overholser marko555.os2 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 29 17:32:25 EDT 2017

On 29-Mar-17 12:51, William Mikrut wrote:
> I would love to see even some turn based games that many could play.

Turn Based Games are Bottle-Necked with waiting for the Player...  You
could run them over a 300 Baud Modem..   With 9600bps to 38,400bps that
is possible with the Built In Serial Port even Arcade/Video Games are
possible..

> I could see launching a server that's the game keeper... and having a
> client people could use to connect and play.

That is entirely what I am thinking of....   A Network Framework that
can be used to facilitate Network Gaming..  Or Possibly be used to
Retrofit existing games...

> Something like Vox imperium... if anyone remembers what that game was!

<http://www.onlinegamesinn.com/showgame/3064/Vox%20Imperium/>

How Long Ago was "This a Thing"????

MarkO