[Coco] 6309

Dave Philipsen dave at davebiz.com
Mon Mar 27 16:32:28 EDT 2017

You do know that Hitachi did indeed produce a HD6809 also, right? One
would have to assume that the part number itself (HD6309) was a giveaway
that something was different.  My guess is that the HD6809 is the true
second-source for the MC6809 and all of the other 63XX variants were
there own designs with improvements upon the Motorola designs.  Motorola
was even a second-source for the 68000 but apparently also designed a
63000 but possibly never produced them.

Dave