[Coco] scred Docs

L. Curtis Boyle curtisboyle at sasktel.net
Fri Mar 24 12:34:42 EDT 2017

Actually, SCRED is kind of hybrid (depending on the terminal type you are running on). You can cursor around on the screen, jumping by character/line/word/beginning and end of line, etc. You do have to switch between cursor movement and editing modes, though, but it is a far cry from the strictly line editing that BASIC-09 and the EDIT editors use.

The best editor (for ease of use, although setting it up wasn’t the easiest) was Owlware’s Window Writer, which I mentioned before. It went further than SLED, etc. by allowing mouse cursor movement as well, drop down menus, editing files larger than the program workspace, etc. It was actually a full blown word processor.
(and written in BASIC-09 actually, with some assembly language subroutines, if I remember correctly).

L. Curtis Boyle
curtisboyle at sasktel.net