[Coco] VCC for Max OSX

Ed Orbea ed.orbea at gmail.com
Thu Mar 23 21:35:13 EDT 2017

Bill:
A search of the message archive finds this message post from 2016.

From: Barry.Nelson at amobiledevice.com (Barry Nelson)
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 2016 09:38:48 -0500
Subject: [Coco] Coco emulator for Mac

I have created a special tested version of MESS bundled with a TCL/TK
frontend for the Mac at www.macmess.org. This will emulate quite a number
of systems as well as the Tandy Color Computer 1,2 and 3.

Additionally, there is a bundled version of VCC for Mac OS using Wine. You
do not need Wine installed to use this as it includes Wine in the app.

This one is a bare bones version, no virtual hard disk included, no ini
file. It is still fairly large though, because it includes Wine, which is
needed to run it.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8RnV5G0TZFZY0ZyRmN0d2VsV0U

This one is preconfigured as a 6809 CoCo 3 with 512K with a hard drive
running RGBDOS. The hard disk has a bunch of software including NitrOS9
3.30 and a bunch of OS9 and Disk Extended Color BASIC programs.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8RnV5G0TZFZTldacFdkRjhIWXc

To install either one, just unzip it and put the application in your
favorite application folder location on your Macintosh. I am running this
under Mac OS X 10.8, it should work under other versions as well

I just checked the link and the file Barry references is still available. I
downloaded the file and installed it on my MacBook Pro (OS X 10.12.3) and
it woods very well.