[Coco] 30 years...time flies

Dave Philipsen dave at davebiz.com
Wed Mar 22 14:12:27 EDT 2017

Yes, I suppose that would do it over a period of time.  An interesting
fact: did you know the window on erasable PROMs is made out of a special
fused quartz glass?  This allows the necessary UV rays to pass more
readily.  So practically anything, even regular glass, would impede the
wholesale penetration of UV rays. Some EPROMs called OTPROMs are
electrically identical but don't have the glass window. I remember Marty
Goodman once stated that EPROMs could also be erased with the next
higher frequency of electro-magnetic radiation, X-rays.

Dave