[Coco] 30 years...time flies

Mark McDougall msmcdoug at iinet.net.au
Tue Mar 21 07:46:00 EDT 2017

On 21/03/2017 3:05 PM, James Ross wrote:

> I am pretty sure that I lost it around 2006 in a major house cleaning
> / organizing fit.  I threw away CoCo’s, PC’s, books, and magazines
> and a ton of old parts of all kinds. Funny thing, that was not the
> first time, I did it twice. Did the same thing (minus the books, I
> think) ~1997 time-frame. Aaarrrggg… It will NOT happen a third time.

My original Coco was donated to the family of my father's friend around
the time I was getting into the Amiga, so I thought nothing of it. These
days I keep a lazy eye on local eBay auctions hoping it'll turn up
again; it had a distinct red switch installed on the side to disable the
cartridge auto-start and a 3rd-party disk controller. But it's more
likely been in landfill for the last 20 years. :(

Fortunately I have pretty much every other bit of significant hardware
my father and/or I owned. Every so often my wife looks at the (currently
boxed) collection and asks "Do [I] really need all of that junk?" And we
all know the answer to that question! ;)

Regards,

--
Mark McDougall
<http://retroports.blogspot.com.au>