[Coco] 30 years...time flies

James Ross jrosslist at outlook.com
Tue Mar 21 01:05:15 EDT 2017

Dave Philipsen said:
> This stuff probably would have been pitched years ago too if it hadn't
> been stashed away so well!

Yep – organizational skills have not been my forte, the further back the worse I was. But like they say, you're never too old to learn!

> I also found my original BASIC09 package with receipt, OS9 Pascal,
> Multi-Vue, and my OS9 Level 2 development package.  They even have the
> floppies but I doubt they're readable at this point.

That's cool! Even though re-amassing a collection is fun -- I’m sure that original equipment / materials one purchased years ago, caries a more sentimental value.

The oldest computer thing I have that I bought original (well, built w/ new parts that is) in a 2005 PC w/ AMD Athlon 64bit (2800+) single-core CPU w/ ATI All In Wonder 9200 128mb 4x AGP w/ Video Capture.  Still chugging w/ XP Pro w/ SP3.  Not exactly vintage, but give it time  :)

BUT I’ve started collecting and tinkering w/ CoCo’s again …

James