[Coco] 30 years...time flies

James Ross jrosslist at outlook.com
Tue Mar 21 00:05:17 EDT 2017

Dave Philipsen said:
> Here's a little artifact from 30 years ago that I just happened to dig
> up today...

> http://retr09.com/images/OS9L2-receipt.jpg

Yep – it’s hard to believe – we are quickly approaching that 40 year mark most of us bought our first CoCo1’s.  I had the receipt of my first CoCo1 4k for the longest. I kept it in a CoCo programming book.  I am pretty sure that I lost it around 2006 in a major house cleaning / organizing fit.  I threw away CoCo’s, PC’s, books, and magazines and a ton of old parts of all kinds. Funny thing, that was not the first time, I did it twice. Did the same thing (minus the books, I think) ~1997 time-frame. Aaarrrggg… It will NOT happen a third time.

I bought my fist CoCo3 / CM-8 Monitor / FD-502 w/ single 360k floppy in 1988.  OS-9 L2 + a second 3.5" 720k floppy around 1990, give or take a year.

James