[Coco] Another disk question.

Bill Gunshannon bill.gunshannon at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 19 11:10:07 EDT 2017

Well, I have made some headway (thanks Bob Gault) with my
5.25" drives.  For whatever reason many of them were in fact
rotating very fast. Some had strobe patterns on the spindle
confirming this.

Next question.

I would like to convert most of my stuff to 3.5" as they
are much  more reliable (at least from my experience).  I have
probably two dozen drives of various makes and ages. two of them
work perfectly.  The rest seem to never appear "ready".  Is there
some signal that not all 3.5" drives provide that non-PC systems
need in order to use these drives?

bill